120g homemade bak kwa (diced)
100g caster sugar
1 large egg
45g unsalted butter (melted)
116ml full cream milk
145g all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
- In a mixing bowl, add in caster sugar and egg. Use a hand whisk to whisk until combined.
- Add in melted unsalted butter and full cream milk, whisk to combine.
- Sift in all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir to combine.
- Add in 2/3 portion of the diced bak kwa. Stir to combine.
- Grease a 6 holes muffin pans with unsalted butter.
- Divide the batter equally into the muffin pans.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 portion of the diced bak kwa evenly on top of the batter.
- Bake at 200C for 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely before removing the muffins from the pan.