10 nos prawns (230g)
¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
½ tsp salt (divided)
2 tbsp olive oil
6 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
3 shallots (peeled and chopped)
1 red chilli (chopped)
100ml white wine
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 ½ tbsp chopped parsley (divided)
- Rinse the prawns and drained. Use a pair of scissors to cut the shell from the head to the back of the prawns. Then use a paring knife to cut into halved, deveined and set aside.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp of coarsely ground black pepper and ¼ tsp of salt on top.
- Heat up a pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil, saute the chopped garlic, shallot and chilli on medium heat until fragrant.
- Add in prawns and white wine. Sautéed until the prawns turn pink. Remove the prawns and arrange on a serving platter.
- Add in 2 tbsp unsalted butter, lemon juice, 1/4 tsp of salt and 1 tbsp of chopped parsley and bring to a boil. Drizzle the sauce on top of the prawns. Garnish with ½ tbsp of chopped parsley and serve.