2 nos x 60g yee mee
230g shrimps (peeled, deveined with the tail intact)
3 cabbage leaves (remove the tough core and cut into strips)
3 shallots (peeled and sliced)
1 shallot (peeled and chopped)
2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
6 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp lard
2 tbsp crispy lard cubes
1 cup water
1 tbsp concentrated chicken stock
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1/8 tsp sugar
½ tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- Bring some water to a boil. Add in yee mee, use chopstick to loosen the noodles. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Heat up a wok with 6 tbsp of cooking oil, saute the sliced shallots until golden brown. Remove and drained on paper towel to absorb excessive oil.
- Leave 1 tbsp of shallot oil in the wok, add in 1 tbsp of lard, saute the chopped shallot and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in shrimps, saute until turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- Add in water and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Add in cabbage strips, simmer until tender crisp.
- Add in yee mee and crispy lard cubes, braised until yee mee absorb most of the sauce.
- Add in shrimps, toss well.
- Dish out to a serving platter, garnish with fried shallots and chopped spring onion. Serve.