340g bread flour
5g instant dried yeast
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
½ tsp all-spice
½ tsp ground cinnamon
57g molasses sugar
28g salted butter (soften at room temperature)
237ml boiling water
1 sachet earl grey teabag
Dried fruits (290g):
63g golden raisins
92g dark raisins
45g dried cranberries
90g black currants
- Add boiling water and earl grey teabag in a cup and infuse for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add in golden raisins, dark raisins, dried cranberries and earl grey tea. Stir to combine. Transfer into an air-tight container and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the soaked dried fruits from the fridge, drained well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add in instant dried yeast and ¼ cup of water. Stir to combine and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add in bread flour, molasses sugar, all-spice and ground cinnamon. Whisk to combine. Add in beaten egg, stir to combine. Create a well at the centre and pour in the yeast mixture. Gradually add in the remaining water and knead into a rough dough.
- Transfer the rough dough onto a working surface and knead until everything are well incorporated.
- Add in soften salted butter, continue to knead until smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl and leave in the cold oven for 1st round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough and knead in the dried fruits.
- Shape into a loaf and place into a pre-greased 8 x 4-inch loaf pan and leave in the cold oven for 2nd round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Bake at 200C for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave on wire rack to cool completely before slicing.