650g kailan (trimmed and cut into pieces, separate the leaves and stem)
50g kurau salted fish (thinly sliced)
2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
1 shallot (peeled and sliced)
1-inch young ginger (peeled and shredded)
1 red chilli (sliced)
4 tbsp cooking oil
¼ cup water
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
- Heat up a wok with 4 tbsp of cooking oil, pan-fried the salted fish until fragrant. Remove and set aside.
- Use the remaining oil to saute the chopped garlic, sliced shallot and shredded young ginger until fragrant.
- Add in the kailan stem, lightly sautéed, add in the leaves, water and seasonings. Constantly stirring until the leaves are wilted and the stem are tender crisp.
- Add in sliced red chilli, stir to combine.
- Dish out, garnish with salted fish and serve.