400g peeled and diced yam
3 cups fragrant rice (rinsed and drained)
3 cups water
200g pork belly (cut into strips)
1 pair pork liver Chinese sausage (diced)
¼ cup dried shrimps (rinsed and drained)
15g dried Chinese mushroom (soaked until soften, remove stem and sliced)
125g peeled and diced carrot
2 tbsp chopped shallot
2 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
¼ tsp ground white pepper
½ cup chopped spring onion
- Heat up a wok with 2 tbsp of cooking oil, saute the chopped shallot and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in pork belly strips, saute until lightly brown.
- Add in dried shrimps and Chinese mushroom, saute until fragrant.
- Add in pork liver Chinese sausage, yam, carrot and seasonings, stir to combine.
- Add in fragrant rice and water, stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture onto a large steaming plate and steamed at preheated steamer on high heat until cooked.
- Dish out to individual serving bowl, garnish with chopped spring onion and serve.