Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Peranakan Cuisine “Baba Nyonya Culture Dishes
100g dried shrimps (soaked, chopped finely)
4 blade kaffir lime leaves (shredded)
2 red chillies (sliced)
2 green chillies (sliced)
Ingredients B: (mixed well and discard the seeds)
2 tsp tamarind paste
10g toasted shrimp paste / belacan
100g red shallots
2 tbsp chilli paste / chilli boh
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
- Place the chilli paste ingredients in a food processor, and blend into paste.
- Heat up 4 tbsp cooking oil in wok, stir-fry chopped dried shrimp until fragrant and slightly golden. Dish up, drain and set aside.
- Keep the hot oil in wok, add the blended chilli paste and stir-fry until chilli oil is separates. Add the dried shrimp, red and green chillies, toss well.
- Add in tamarind juice and seasoning, continue stir-fry over medium heat until almost dry and fragrant.
- Add in shredded kaffir lime leaves, stir-fry 3 minutes, dish up and serve.