Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Koh Sai Ngo’s In Love with Kuehs
200g yam bean, shredded
½ pc carrot, shredded
50g baby dried shrimp, rinsed and drained
½ tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp ground white pepper
½ tbsp sugar
150g glutinous rice flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 ½ tbsp cooking oil
100ml boiling water
8 pcs banana leaves (5cm in dimension), greased with oil
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok, saute chopped garlic and baby dried shrimp until fragrant. Add in shredded yam bean and carrot to stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add in seasonings, stir-fry until well combined.
- Mix glutinous rice flour, sugar and cooking oil until well combined. Pour in boiling water and stir quickly with a wooden ladle until well combined. Set aside until it is slightly cooled and knead the dough until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions. Roll the dough into ball and press to flatten it into a round thin piece and stuff in some filling. Wrap up.
- Put the dumplings on the greased banana leaves. Repeat the steps until all ingredients are used up.
- Put the dumplings in a steamer and steam over high heat for 10 minutes. Remove.
- Grease the top with a little oil while they are still hot. Serve.