300g all-purpose flour
¼ tsp ground white pepper
½ tsp five-spice powder
5g fine salt
50g caster sugar
25g unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
½ tsp garlic juice
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
- In a mixing bowl, add in all ingredients and mix to combine.
- Transfer the rough dough onto a working surface and continue to knead until everything are well incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portion.
- Roll into a ¼-inch thick rectangle and roll up tightly into a log for each dough.
- Use parchment paper to wrap it and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge and slice it thinly.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying on low heat, deep-fry the slice dough on batches until crispy and golden brown. Stirring occasionally for even browning. Remove, drained on paper towel to absorb excessive oil, leave to cool completely before serving. Remaining to be kept in an air-tight container.