Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Li Fang Lee’s 4 Flavours
65g dried fan fish
50g cashew nuts
½ red chilli (deseeded and shredded)
½ onion (sliced)
½ ginger flower (shredded)
3 pieces kaffir lime leaves (shredded)
Adequate cooking oil
Sauce: (mixed well)
1 tsp chilli boh
1 tbsp tom yam paste
2 tbsp thai chilli sauce
1 tbsp plum sauce
1 tsp maltose
1 tsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp hot water
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with some oil, pan-fried the cashew nuts on low heat until golden brown. Remove and drained on paper towel to absorb the excessive oil.
- Use the same oil to pan-fried the dried fan fish until crispy and golden brown. Remove and drained on paper towel to absorb the excessive oil.
- Leave 1 tsp of oil in the skillet, add in sauce ingredients and bring to a boil and continue to simmer until sauce become thickens.
- Add in shredded kaffir lime leaves, red chilli, onion and ginger flower. Stir to combine.
- Add in the fried cashew nuts and dried fan fish, toss well. Dish out and serve.