1 ½ cup bread flour
1 tsp caster sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp instant dried yeast
½ cup water
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp melted unsalted butter
¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, add in instant dried yeast and ¼ cup of water. Stir to combine and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add in bread flour, caster sugar, salt, garlic powder and extra virgin olive oil, stir to combine and create a well at the centre.
- Pour in the yeast mixture, gradually add in the remaining water and knead into a rough dough.
- Transfer the rough dough onto a working surface and continue to knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough into a bowl and leave in the cold oven for 1st round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough and divide into 8 equal portion, approximately 38g each. Shape into ball and leave aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Flatten each piece of dough into a disc and wrap 1/8 portion of the shredded mozzarella cheese into each dough, seal and shape into round.
- Place the wrapped dough onto a lined baking sheet with silicone baking mat spacing 2-inch apart for each dough.
- Transfer the baking sheet into the cold oven for 2nd round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, brush the top and side of the dough with melted unsalted butter and sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese on top evenly on each dough.
- Bake at 200C for 30 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Remove from oven and leave on the wire rack to cool completely.