2 cups fragrant rice
1 cup waterx
10 pcs pandan leaves (cut into small pieces)
1 cup coconut milk
2 stalk lemongrass (white part only) (smashed)
1-inch young ginger (smashed)
1 tsp fine salt
4 nos hard-boiled eggs (shelled and halved)
150g fried peanuts
1 cucumber (sliced)
- Wash, rinse and drained the fragrance rice and transfer onto a steaming plate.
- In a blender, add in 1 cup of water and pandan leaves pieces, blender until fine. Strain and transfer into a bowl.
- Add in coconut milk and salt, stir to combine. Pour the pandan and coconut milk mixture into the steaming plate. Stir to combine with the fragrant rice.
- Add in lemongrass and young ginger.
- Steamed at preheated steamer until cooked.
- To serve: scoop adequate amount of the steamed pandan nasi lemak into a rice bowl and invent on to a serving platter lined with a banana leave. Serve with hard-boiled egg, fried peanuts, cucumber slices and sambal ikan bilis.