Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Patsie Cheong’s Delectable Mixed Rice Recipes
10 pcs bean curd
150g minced meat
70g minced preserved radish (chai poh)
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
½ tsp soybean paste
1 tsp thick soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 cup water mixed with 1 tbsp concentrated chicken stock
1 tsp potato flour mixed with 2 tsp water
1 red chilli (sliced)
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
- Rinse minced preserved radish, soak for 30 minutes and squeeze dry.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying. Deep-fry the bean curd until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towel to absorb the excessive oil. Transfer onto a serving platter and set aside.
- Leave 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the wok, add in minced meat and preserved radish, stir-fry until cooked.
- Pour in seasonings and bring to a boil. Stir in flour solution and top the mixture onto fried bean curd.
- Garnish with sliced red chillies and chopped spring onion and serve.