1 ½ cup high protein flour + more for dusting
1 cup glutinous rice flour
4 ½ tsp corn flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cup full cream milk (room temperature)
7g instant dry yeast
Filling: (mixed well)
½ cup molasses sugar
½ cup toasted peanuts (coarsely ground)
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
¾ tsp salt
Adequate cooking oil for pan-frying
- In a mixing bowl, add in full cream milk, caster sugar and instant dry yeast. Stir to combine and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, add in high protein flour, glutinous rice flour, corn flour and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add in the flour mixture into the yeast mixture. Use a rubber spatula to stir to combine. Cover and leave it in room temperature until doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough and transfer onto a floured working surface. Cut the dough into 10 equal pieces.
- Flatten the dough into a disc, add in about 1 ½ tbsp of filling. Seal it, shape into a ball and flatten it slightly and transfer onto a floured baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat the process for the remaining ingredients.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet on low heat, coat with some cooking oil. Pan-fry the pancakes seam side down on batches, flatten it gently and pan-fry until both sides are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove and leave to cool a bit before serving.