1 cup green bean (rinsed and drained)
¼ cup sago
3 pandan leaves (tie into knot)
2500ml water (divided)
2 slab brown rock sugar
- In a small pot, add in 500ml of water and bring to a boil.
- Add in sago and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes. Turn off heat and leave the sago with lid on until become translucent.
- In a stock pot, add in 2000ml of water, green beans and pandan leaves and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 1 hour or until the green beans starts to break.
- Add in brown rock sugar and continue to simmer until the sugar dissolved.
- Strain the sago and rinse with cold water before adding it into the green bean sweet soup.
- Stir to combine and dish out to individual serving bowl and serve hot.