1 ¾ cup bread flour
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp instant dry yeast
1/3 cup full cream milk (room temperature)
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
30g unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
Some egg wash
1 tsp white sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, add in full cream milk and instant dry yeast, stir to combine and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add in bread flour, salt, caster sugar and beaten egg. Stir to combine and create a well at the center.
- Pour in the yeast mixture and knead into a rough dough.
- Transfer the rough dough onto a working surface and continue to knead until everything are well incorporated.
- Add in soften unsalted butter, continue to knead until the dough become smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl and leave in the cold oven for 1st round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Deflate the dough and divide into 4 equal portions and shape into round.
- Arrange the dough 2-inches apart on a lined baking sheet and place in the cold oven for second round of proofing until doubled in size.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, use a pastry brush to apply egg wash on top and side of each dough and sprinkle ¼ tsp of white sesame seeds on each dough.
- Bake at 200C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave on wire rack to cool completely.