Ingredients: (yield 7 pcs)
5 egg yolks
5 tbsp hot water
100g caster sugar
Grated zest of one lemon
150g all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
5 egg whites
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, hot water, caster sugar and lemon zest.
- Combine the all-purpose flour and baking powder and add them to the mixture.
- Use an electric mixer to beat egg whites until stiff peaks and fold them into the mixture.
- Heat up a waffle machine and lightly grease the plate with vegetable oil.
- Scoop adequate amount of the mixture and spread evenly on the bottom plate and make sure the entire area is covered but without spilling over the side of the plate.
- Close the appliance and let the waffle cooked until lightly golden, approximately 3 to 3 ½ minutes.
- Open the appliance and remove the waffles. Repeat the same process until all the mixture are used up.