Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from en.christinesrecipes.com
6 eggs white
60 gm caster sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar
80 gm cake flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
25 gm black sesame powder
5 egg yolks
30 gm caster sugar
50 gm extra virgin olive oil
80 ml full cream milk
1. Preheat oven to 170C/335F.
2. Use a large clean mixing bowl, without any trace of oil or water, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until bubbles form. Add the cream of tartar. After mixing well, add the 60 grams of sugar in three batches, about one-third at a time, and beat well between additions. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
3. Sift the cake flour, baking powder and salt and mix well. Sift in the black sesame powder. Combine well.
4. Whisk the egg yolks with the 30 grams of caster sugar, until the sugar completely dissolves. Stir in the extra virgin olive oil, bit by bit, until completely combined. Add the full cream milk and stir well.
5. Sift the flour mixture into the egg yolk mixture, in three batches. Combine well.
6. Fold-in the beaten egg whites with a spatula.
7. Pour the batter into the chiffon cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes. After baking the first 15 minutes, if you find the cake surface gets browning, reduce heat to 160C/320F. Continue to bake until cooked through. A needle comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
8. Remove the cake from the oven. Invert the pan immediately on a wire rack. Let it cool completely.