1 cup glutinous rice (soaked overnight)
3 pcs pandan leaves (knotted)
1 cup thick coconut milk
2 tbsp caster sugar
¼ tsp salt
2 firm ripe mangoes (peeled, stoned and cubed)
1 tbsp toasted white sesame seed
- Drained the glutinous rice, transfer onto a steaming plate together with the pandan leaves and steam at a preheated steamer on high heat until translucent. Discard the pandan leaves.
- Heat up a sauce pan with thick coconut on low heat until bring to a boil. Turn off heat.
- Stir in caster sugar and salt.
- Pour 2/3 portion of the coconut milk mixture onto the steamed glutinous rice, stir to combine and set aside for 5 minutes to let the steamed glutinous rice absorb all the coconut milk.
- Place a piece of banana leave on a serving platter. Top with the steamed glutinous rice with coconut milk and mango cubed separately.
- Drizzle the remaining portion of the coconut milk mixture on top of the steamed glutinous rice, garnish with some toasted white sesame seed and serve.