6 eggs white
80 gm caster sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar
100 gm cake flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
4 salted egg yolks (steamed & mashed)
5 egg yolks
60ml canola oil
60ml full cream milk
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Use a large clean mixing bowl, without any trace of oil or water, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until bubbles form. Add the cream of tartar. After mixing well, add the 80 grams of sugar in three batches, about one-third at a time, and beat well between additions. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
3. Whisk the egg yolks, add in steamed and mashed salted egg yolks, whisked to combine.
- Add in the canola oil, whisked to combine.
- Add in the full cream milk, whisked to combine.
- Sift the flour mixture into the egg yolk mixture, in three batches. Combine well.
7. Fold-in the beaten egg whites with a spatula.
8. Pour the batter into a 20cm chiffon cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Invert the pan immediately on a wire rack. Let it cool completely.