Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from en.christinesrecipes.com
Prepare an 8 inch (20 cm) chiffon cake mold
80 gm cake flour
3 egg yolks
14 gm caster sugar
35 gm canola oil
45 ml full cream milk
1/8 tsp salt
3 ripe bananas, about 265 gm
4 egg whites
40 gm caster sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 165C. Use a small food processor to process the bananas into paste. Set aside.
2. Mix the egg yolks with 14 grams of sugar until smooth. Add oil, milk and mashed bananas. Combine very well. Sift in cake flour, incorporate all ingredients well until you get a smooth batter.
3. Use an electric mixer to beat egg whites first for a while until bubbles form. Add cream of tartar. Add one third of the 40 grams of sugar at a time. Combine well between the adds, until stiff peaks form.
4. Fold in the egg whites into the batter. Add one third of egg whites at a time in order to easily incorporated the egg whites.
5. Transfer the batter into the chiffon cake mold that shouldn’t be non-stick or greased. (The mould you use is very important to get the best result. It helps the cake avoid from shrinking too much after removing from the oven, once the temperature drops). Pop in the preheated oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Test it by inserted needle coming out clean. Remove from oven and immediately revert the cake mould upside down on a wire rack. Let it cool completely. Carefully remove from the cake mould. Enjoy!