Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Chang Wai Heng’s Eight Flavours
1 no x 285g threadfin fish (cleaned)
3 tbsp cooking oil
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
¼ tsp chicken seasoning powder
1 tbsp tapioca flour
½ tsp spiced salt
1 tbsp chopped young ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 bird’s eye chillies (chopped)
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
½ tsp sesame oil
- Marinate the cavity of the fish with ¼ tsp of salt and rub ¼ tsp each of ground white pepper and chicken seasoning powder all over the fish. Coat the marinated fish with 1 tbsp of tapioca flour.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 3 tbsp of cooking oil, pan-fry the marinated fish until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove and arrange on a serving platter.
- Add ½ tsp of sesame oil into the skillet, saute the chopped young ginger, garlic and bird’s eye chillies until fragrant.
- Add in chopped spring onion and spiced salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour the seasonings on top of the pan-fried fish and serve.