1 no x 620g fresh cuttlefish (cleaned and score criss-cross slashes on inside surface and cut into bite-sized pieces)
300g celery (trimmed and sliced diagonally)
½ carrot (cut into flower design)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped young ginger
2 bird’s eye chillies (chopped)
3 tbsp homemade XO sauce
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp concentrated chicken stock
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp sugar
2 tbsp water
1 tsp corn starch mixed with 2 tsp water
- Quick blanch the cuttlefish pieces in boiling water, remove and drained well.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the chopped garlic, young ginger and bird’s eye chillies until fragrant.
- Add in celery and carrot, stir-fry until the celery are tender crisp.
- Add in cuttlefish, seasonings and XO sauce, stir to combine.
- Thicken with corn starch solution, stir-fry quickly. Dish out and serve.