200g mee hoon (soaked until soften and drained)
1 big onion (peeled and sliced)
8 shallots (peeled and sliced)
250g squids (cleaned and cut into ring)
1/3 carrot (peeled and shredded)
250g cabbage (shredded)
Adequate cooking oil
15g dried anchovies (rinsed and drained)
5 dried red chillies (soaked)
4 shallots (peeled)
2 cloves garlic (peeled)
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tbsp kicap manis
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
1 stalk Chinese celery (chopped)
1 red chilli (sliced)
3 calamansi (halved)
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 6 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the sliced shallots on low heat until crispy. Remove and drained on paper towel to absorb excessive oil.
- Use the remaining shallot oil to saute the shredded cabbage and carrot until tender crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Add in 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet, saute the sliced onion until fragrant.
- Add in blended ingredients, saute until fragrant.
- Add in squids and seasonings, stir to combine.
- Add in mee hoon, constantly stir-frying until the mee hoon absorb all the sauce.
- Add in the cabbage and carrot prepared in step 2. Toss well.
- Dish out to individual serving platter, garnish with some fried shallot, chopped Chinese celery, red chilli and calamansi. Serve.