1 no x 350g eggplant (cut into strips and soaked in salt water to prevent oxidation)
1 big onion (peeled and cut into thick slices)
2 tbsp baby dried shrimps (rinsed and drained)
1 tsp tamarind paste mixed with 2 tsp water to obtain juice, discard seeds
Adequate cooking oil
Coarsely blended ingredients:
4 red chillies
4 shallots (peeled)
2 cloves garlic (peeled)
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
- Drained the eggplant and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with ½ cup of cooking oil, pan-fry the eggplant until cooked. Dish out and arrange neatly on a serving platter and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet, saute the baby dried shrimps and coarsely blended ingredients until fragrant.
- Add in sliced onion, saute until fragrant.
- Add in tamarind juice and seasonings, stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture on top of the pan-fried eggplant. Serve.