520g chicken whole legs (cut into pieces)
1 large potato (380g) (peeled and sliced)
2 stalk lemongrass (white part only, smashed)
375ml thick coconut milk
¾ cup kicap lemak manis
Adequate cooking oil
1 big onion (peeled)
4 shallots (peeled)
2 cloves garlic (peeled)
1-inch young ginger (sliced)
1 ½-inch galangal (sliced)
12 dried chillies (soaked)
2-inch cinnamon stick
2 star anise
½ tsp salt
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with some cooking oil, pan-fry the sliced potatoes until cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Use the remaining oil to pan-fry the chicken pieces until half-cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Use the remaining oil to saute the blended ingredients and spices until fragrant.
- Add in chicken pieces, stir to combine.
- Add in thick coconut milk and kicap lemak manis and bring to a boil. Continue to simmer until the sauce become thicken.
- Add in potato slices, stir to combine and season with salt.
- Dish out and serve.