3 cups cooked rice (use fingers to separate the grains)
105g beef tenderloin (thinly sliced)
65g French beans (trimmed both ends and diced)
1 big onion (peeled and sliced0
6 shallots (peeled and sliced)
1 salted egg (hard-boiled, shelled and chopped)
5 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp light soy sauce
½ tsp corn starch
6 dried chillies (soaked)
4 shallot (peeled)
2 cloves garlic (peeled)
½ tsp toasted belacan
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 salted egg (hard-boiled and sliced)
1 stalk Chinese celery (chopped)
1 red chilli (sliced)
½ cucumber (sliced)
- Marinate the beef slices with light soy sauce and corn starch. Set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 5 tbsp cooking oil, saute the sliced shallot on low heat until crispy and golden brown. Remove, drained on paper towel to absorb excessive oil and set aside.
- Use the remaining shallot oil to saute the big onion until fragrant.
- Add in blended ingredients and saute until fragrant.
- Add in marinated beef slices and saute until half-cooked.
- Add in diced French beans, stir to combine.
- Add in chopped salted egg, rice and light soy sauce. Constantly stir-frying until well combined.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, garnish with salted egg slices, cucumber slices, chopped Chinese celery, sliced red chillies and fried shallot. Serve.