1 no x 1.35kg whole chicken (cleaned and cut into 10 pieces)
1 big onion (peeled and sliced)
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp salt
12 red chillies
8 red bird’s eye chillies
2 big onion (peeled)
6 shallots (peeled)
3 cloves garlic (peeled)
6 stalks lemongrass (white part only)
1 tomato (cut into wedges)
2 tsp toasted belacan
2-inch young ginger
Adequate cooking oil
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
- Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric powder and salt. Set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for pan-frying. Add in marinated chicken pieces, pan-fry until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Leave 4 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet, saute the blended ingredients until oil separates.
- Add in pan-fried chicken pieces, stir to combine.
- Add in big onion slices, constantly stirring until big onion become soft.
- Season with sugar and salt.
- Dish out and serve.