Egg Yolk Batter:
4 egg yolks
70g caster sugar
80ml canola oil
160g cake flour
¼ tsp salt
200g cream cheese
200ml full cream milk
8 egg whites
50g caster sugar
- Preheat oven at 170C.
- Mix cream cheese and full cream milk together, double boil until just melted. Remove and set aside to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, add in egg yolk and caster sugar, whisk to combine.
- Add in canola oil, whisk to combine.
- Add in cream cheese mixture, whisk to combine.
- Add in cake flour and salt, whisk to combine.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until bubbles form. Mix in 1/3 of caster sugar at a time, and beat well between additions. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon out 1/3 of the beaten egg whites and mix into the egg yolk batter.
- Lightly fold in the rest of the beaten egg whites with a spatula, until just combined.
- Pour batter into a 20cm chiffon cake pan. Level the surface with a spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 1 hour.
- Remove cake from the oven, invert the pan immediately. Allow to cool completely.