Egg yolk batter:
115g avocado puree from 1 ripe avocado flesh & 1 no freshly squeezed lime juice
6 egg yolks
35ml full cream milk
35ml canola oil
100g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
6 egg whites
½ tsp cream of tartar
100g caster sugar
- Preheat oven at 170C.
- In a mixing bowl, add in avocado puree, full cream milk and canola oil. Whisk to combine.
- Add in egg yolks, whisk to combine.
- Add in cake flour and baking powder, whisk to combine and set aside.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until bubbles form. Add in cream of tartar, beat to combine. Mix in 1/3 of caster sugar at a time, and beat well between additions. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon out 1/3 of the beaten egg whites and mix into the avocado batter.
- Lightly fold in the rest of the beaten egg whites with a spatula, until just combined.
- Pour batter into 20cm chiffon cake pan. Level the surface with a spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 1 hour.
- Remove cake from the oven, invert the pan immediately. Allow to cool completely.