1 no x 1.14kg whole chicken (cleaned and cut into 4 pieces)
1 pkt A1 herbal soup spices consists of angelica pepper, aralia cordata, sinensis, cinnamon, paurantii, star anise & cigusticum
1 whole garlic
1 pkt enoki mushroom (discard the bottom and separate by hands)
6 pcs dried mushroom (soaked until soften, discard the stems)
12 pcs fried fuchok
12 pcs tofu puffs
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
¼ tsp ground white pepper
Some cilantro leaves
- Add 2000ml of water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in herbal soup spices, whole garlic, dried mushroom and chicken pieces and bring to a boil again.
- Turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scald the fried fuchok and tofu puffs in boiling water to get rid of excessive oil. Remove and drained.
- Add in seasonings into the soup, follow by fried fuchok, tofu puffs and enoki mushroom. Turn off heat.
- Heat up a large clay pot, transfer the chick kut teh into the clay pot to keep warm, garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rice together with you tiao, bird’s eye chilli and chopped garlic.