Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from K.S.Lee’s Authentic Homestyle Cuisines
800g clams (la la)
3 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp chopped young ginger
2 red bird’s eye chillies (diced)
1 tbsp bean paste
2 tbsp chilli sauce
3 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp plum sauce
½ tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 ½ tbsp sugar
2 tbsp water
½ tbsp corn flour
Some chopped spring onion
- Soak clams into water for 15 minutes and rinse.
- Scald clams in boiling water. Remove, rinse with cold water and discard one side of the shell.
- Fry ingredient B over low heat till fragrant.
- Add clams and fry for a while.
- Add seasonings and cook well.
- Lastly thicken the gravy with starch solution and fry evenly.
- Dish out, garnish with chopped spring onion and serve.