Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Hong Kong Cuisine: 37 Selections from Locals
3 pcs fresh thin egg noodles
2 tbsp concentrated chicken stock
75g wonton wrappers
600g fresh shrimps
38g fatty pork
1egg yolk (beaten)
2 tsp ground dried flatfish
2 tsp fried white sesame (crushed)
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp ground white pepper
- Remove the shells and intestines of shrimps. Spread salt on shrimps. Wash and drain.
- Mince the pork and cut the fatty pork into dices. Mix well both with shrimps and marinade. Stir with chopsticks until sticky.
- Put fillings on wonton wrappers. Fold up 3 sides to cover the fillings. Brush the edge with egg yolk. Grasp and stick well the ends.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Put in the noodles and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until tender. Put into serving bowls.
- Cook the wontons in the same pot of water for 2 to 3 minutes or until the wontons float. Drain and put onto the noodles.
- Bring 1500ml of water and concentrated chicken stock to a boil. Turn off the heat and splash on the noodles. Serve.