400g pork belly (cut into 1-inch pieces)
15 nos quail eggs (hard-boiled and shelled)
1 stalk spring onion (trimmed and sectioned)
2 slices young ginger
2 cloves garlic (peeled and sliced)
1 cup water
1 tbsp cooking oil
½ tsp five spice powder
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tbsp rock sugar
¼ tsp white peppercorn (crushed)
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- Heat up a skillet with 1 tbsp of cooking oil, add in pork belly pieces and saute until lightly brown.
- Add in white part of spring onion, young ginger and garlic. Saute until fragrant.
- Add in water, seasonings and green part of spring onion.
- Bring to a boil, covered and turn heat to low and continue to simmer until the liquid reduce by half.
- Add in hard-boiled quail eggs. Stir to combine and continue to simmer until the sauce become thicken.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, garnish with chopped spring onion. Serve.