1 no x 500g white snapper (cleaned)
4 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
4 shallots (peeled and chopped)
2 red chillies (chopped)
2 red bird’s eye chillies (chopped)
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
1 tbsp tapioca flour
2 tbsp tamarind paste mixed with 3 tbsp water (discard seed)
2 tbsp palm sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce
Some cilantro leaves and lime slices
- Pat-dry the fish with paper towel. Coat evenly with tapioca flour and set aside.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying.
- Deep-fry the fish until golden brown.
- Remove and transfer onto a serving platter.
- Leave 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet. Saute the chopped garlic, shallot, red chillies and bird’s eye chillies until fragrant.
- Add in seasonings and continue to simmer until the palm sugar dissolved.
- Pour the tamarind sauce on top of the fish.
- Garnish with some cilantro leaves and lime slices. Serve.