150g ground pork
100g shrimps (shelled, deveined and diced)
2 water chestnut (peeled and chopped)
2 tbsp chopped spring onion
20 pcs wonton skin
1 egg yolk (lightly beaten)
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
1 tsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
½ tsp chicken seasoning powder
½ tsp sesame oil
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 tbsp corn starch
- In a mixing bowl, add in ground pork, diced shrimps, chopped water chestnut, chopped spring onion and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Put adequate fillings on each wonton wrappers. Fold up 3 sides to cover the fillings. Brush the edge with egg yolk. Grasp and stick well the ends.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying.
- Deep-fry the wonton in batches until crispy and golden brown. Remove, drained on paper towel to absorb the excessive oil.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Serve with Thai chilli sauce.