20 pcs 6” x 5 1/2” bean curd skin
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
320g ground pork
220g prawn meat (diced)
220g tenggiri fillet (roughly chopped)
½ carrot (peeled and diced)
190g yam (diced)
5 water chestnut (peeled and chopped)
1 stalk spring onion (trimmed and chopped)
1 big onion (peeled and chopped)
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
2 pcs cream crackers (crushed)
1 tsp five spice powder
½ tsp ground white pepper
½ tsp sesame oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tbsp corn flour
2 tbsp all-purpose flour mixed with 3 tbsp water
- In a mixing bowl, add in ground pork, prawn meat, tenggiri fillet, beaten egg and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Add in carrot, yam, water chestnut, spring onion, big onion and cream crackers crumbs. Stir to combine.
- Place a piece of bean curd skin on a working surface. Add in ¼ cup of the filling at the centre. Brush 4 angles with glue, roll up tightly. Repeat the process for the remaining ingredients.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying.
- Deep-fry the Teochew ngoh hiang in batches on low heat until golden brown. Remove and drained on paper towel to absorb the excessive oil.
- Place some lettuce on a serving platter. Slice the Teochew ngoh haing diagonally and arrange neatly on the serving platter. Serve with chilli sauce.