2 nos chicken whole legs (cleaned)
1 no Korean ginseng
10 nos red dates (pitted)
12 nos dried chestnut (soaked overnight, use toothpick to remove the membrane)
12 nos gingko nut (shelled)
6 cloves garlic (peeled)
3 slices young ginger
¼ cup glutinous rice (soaked)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
- Add 2000ml of water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in chicken whole legs, Korean ginseng, red dates, dried chestnut, gingko nut, garlic and young ginger. Bring to a boil again.
- Turn heat to low and continue to simmer for 1 hour.
- Add in the soaked glutinous rice, continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and ground white pepper.
- Dish out, garnish with chopped spring onion. Serve hot.