3 cups bread flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 ¼ tsp salt
½ cup full cream milk
½ cup water
2 tsp instant dried yeast
¼ cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, mix instant yeast with ¼ cup of water and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in bread flour, caster sugar and salt. Use a rubber spatula to mix well and make a small well at the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture, gradually add in the full cream milk and remaining water and knead into a rough dough.
- Transfer the dough onto a silicone mat lay on a working surface, continue to knead the dough until all ingredients come together. Add in canola oil, continue to knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl and leave the bowl in the cold oven for 1st round of proofing, about 45 minutes or until double in size.
- Deflate the dough and roll out the dough with a rolling pin into rectangular shape.
- Roll tightly beginning from the short edge of the rectangle.
- With a seal facing down, place in the pre-greased 8” x 4” loaf tin to have the 2nd round of proofing, until double in size.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 40 to 45 minutes, until turn brown. Remove from the oven and transfer onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.