810g ripe tomatoes (cut into chunks)
2 cloves garlic (peeled)
4 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
215g tomato puree
½ cup white wine
¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
- In a food processor, add in tomato chunks, garlic, chopped parsley and dried oregano. Blend to combine.
- Heat up a deep skillet with extra virgin olive oil, saute the chopped onion until fragrant.
- Add in blended tomato mixture, tomato puree, white wine, coarsely ground black pepper and salt. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low, stirring occasionally and continue to simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce has become slightly thicken.
- Remove and leave to cool completely for later use.