1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups homemade marinara sauce
580g ground chicken
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp chopped shallot
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried parsley
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 tbsp homemade marinara sauce
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
1 cup homemade marinara sauce
½ cup coarsely ground parmesan cheese
2 tbsp chopped parsley
- In a mixing bowl, add in ground chicken, bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, chopped garlic, chopped shallot, dried basil, dried parsley, salt, coarsely ground black pepper, homemade marinara sauce and beaten egg. Mix to combine.
- Use 1 tbsp of parmesan meatballs mixture to shape into a ball and arrange 1-inch apart on a pre-lined large baking sheet with silicone baking mat. Repeat the process until all the ingredients are used up.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add in spaghetti and cook until al-dente.
- Remove and drained. Mix with 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and set aside.
- Remove the parmesan meatballs from the oven. Drizzle the top with homemade marinara sauce and sprinkle with coarsely ground parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 230C for 10 minutes.
- To serve: place some spaghetti on a serving bowl, top with some homemade marinara sauce, follow by parmesan meatballs, garnish with chopped parsley. Serve.