1 no x 350g white pomfret (cleaned)
½ red bell pepper (deseeded and slice diagonally)
½ green bell pepper (deseeded and slice diagonally)
1 big onion (peeled and cut into wedges)
2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
½-inch young ginger (chopped)
Adequate cooking oil
¼ tsp salt
Seasonings: (mixed well)
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sugar
¼ cup water
¼ tsp corn starch
- Rinse the white pomfret and pat-dry with paper towel.
- Marinate the white pomfret with salt and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with adequate cooking oil for pan-frying. Pan-fry the white pomfret until golden brown on both sides. Dish out to a serving platter and set aside.
- Leave 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet. Saute the chopped garlic, ginger and big onion until fragrant.
- Add in red and green bell peppers. Lightly sautéed.
- Add in seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Pour the sweet & sour sauce on the pan-fried white pomfret. Serve.