450g boneless & skinless chicken breast (cubed)
¼ cup roasted peanuts
Adequate cooking oil for deep-frying
1 tbsp grated young ginger
¼ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
¼ cup potato starch
2 tbsp gochujang
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp molasses sugar
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp toasted white sesame seed
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- Marinate the chicken cube with marinade ingredients and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Coat the marinated chicken evenly with potato starch.
- Heat up adequate cooking oil for deep-frying.
- Add in coated chicken pieces, fry until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet on low heat, add in seasonings, constantly stirring until slightly thicken.
- Add in deep-fried chicken pieces, constantly stirring until sauce has been absorbed by the chicken pieces.
- Add in roasted peanuts, toss well.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, garnish with toasted white sesame seed and chopped spring onion. Serve.