Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Eric Low
500g Holland potato (peeled and cut into 2cm cubes)
3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp spice paste
200g minced chicken
½ tbsp meat curry powder
3 tbsp crispy fried shallots
1 tsp coarsely grounded black pepper
2 stalks spring onion (diced)
2 sprigs Chinese celery (diced)
¼ cup corn starch
2 nos eggs (lightly beaten)
Some oil (for deep frying)
- Steam potatoes for 20-30 minutes till soft. Allow to cool before mashing them up with a fork or potato masher.
- Heat oil and saute spice paste till fragrant. Add in minced chicken and cook briefly. Add in curry powder and cook until meat juice is almost dried up.
- Transfer minced chicken to a mixing bowl. Combine with mashed potatoes and crispy fried shallots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in spring onions and celery and mix thoroughly. Shape into patties.
- Heat oil for deep fying. Dip each patty into corn starch, followed by beaten egg, and deep fry till golden brown. Drain and serve hot.