Tested Recipe with Slight Adjustment Adapted from Jamie Jong’s Claypot Delights
400g pork belly (cut into pieces)
15 quail eggs (hard-boiled and shelled)
3 tbsp fermented red rice paste
1 big onion (peeled and chopped)
2 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp chopped young ginger
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 cups water
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- Marinate pork belly pieces with fermented red rice paste and salt for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in claypot, fry chopped big onion, garlic and young ginger until fragrant.
- Add marinated pork belly, mix well and cook for 5 minutes. Add water, sugar and vegetarian oyster sauce.
- Cover claypot, reduce heat and simmer until pork is tender and gravy is thick. Add in hard-boiled quail eggs, simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove, garnish with chopped spring onion and serve hot.