390g large prawns (shelled, deveined with the tail intact)
100g petai (halved)
4 salted egg yolks (steamed and mashed)
1 sprig curry leaves (discard the stems)
1 stalk lemongrass (white part only, chopped)
1 red chilli (deseeded and chopped)
1 red bird’s eye chilli (chopped)
4 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter (soften at room temperature)
¼ tsp chicken seasoning powder
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp corn flour
½ tsp chicken seasoning powder
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp evaporated milk
- Marinate the prawns with marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Heat up 4 tbsp of cooking oil on a non-stick skillet, pan-fry the marinated prawns until cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Use the remaining oil to saute the petai. Remove and set aside.
- Use paper towel to wipe dry the skillet.
- Add in soften unsalted butter, chopped lemongrass, red chilli and bird’s eye chilli. Saute until fragrant.
- Add in steamed and mashed salted egg yolks, saute until fragrant.
- Add in seasonings and curry leaves. Stir to combine.
- Add in prawns and petai. Toss well.
- Dish out and serve.