410g ground chicken
500g cabbage (discard the tough core)
50g chopped carrot
6 water chestnut (peeled and chopped)
1 stalk spring onion (chopped)
1 tbsp sake
1 tbsp kikkoman soy sauce
¼ tsp ground white pepper
½ tsp sugar
1 tbsp corn starch
¼ cup frozen green peas (blanched)
½ cup shelled shrimps (blanched)
- Blanch the cabbage leaves in boiling water until turn soft. Remove, drained and leave to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, add in ground chicken, chopped carrot, water chestnut, spring onion and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Place adequate filling onto cabbage leaves and roll up tightly. Repeat the process until used up all of the ingredients.
- Place the cabbage rolls on a steam plate and steam at preheated steamer for 20 minutes. Remove and leave to cool a bit.
- Slice the cabbage roll into sections and arrange neatly on a serving platter. Garnish with shrimps and green peas. Serve.