1 pkt x 200g fresh udon
½ cup homemade kimchi (chopped)
3 tbsp kimchi juice
2 slices bacon (cut into small pieces)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
4 tbsp cooking oil (divided)
1 tbsp gochujang
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Loosen the udon noodles in boiling water. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Add in beaten egg and swirl into a thin omelette. Remove, leave to cool completely, shredded and set aside for garnishing use.
- Add in 2 more tbsp of cooking oil into the skillet, saute the chopped garlic and bacon until fragrant.
- Add in kimchi, kimchi juice and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Add in udon noodles, constantly stirring until the udon absorb most of the liquid.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, garnish with shredded omelette, chopped spring onion and toasted white sesame seeds.