1 pkt x 200g fresh udon
150g shrimps (shelled, deveined with the tail intact)
80g shredded cabbage
30g shredded carrot
6 pcs fresh shiitake mushroom (discard the stem and sliced the caps)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
4 tbsp cooking oil (divided)
1 tbsp kikkoman soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp sake
½ tsp sugar
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- Loosen the udon noodles in boiling water. Remove, drained and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Add in beaten egg. Scramble till set. Remove and set aside.
- Add 2 more tbsp of cooking oil in the skillet. Add in chopped garlic, saute until fragrant.
- Add in shrimps, saute until turn pink. Remove and set aside together with the scrambled egg.
- Add in shredded cabbage, carrot and fresh shiitake mushroom. Lightly sautéed.
- Add in udon noodles and seasonings. Constantly stirring until udon absorb most of the sauce.
- Add in scrambled egg and shrimps. Toss well.
- Dish out to a serving bowl, garnish with chopped spring onion and toasted white sesame seeds. Serve.