330g boneless & skinless chicken breast (cubed)
50g walnut halves
1 green capsicum (deseeded and sliced)
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped young ginger
Adequate cooking oil
2 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp sake
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp kikkoman soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp extra virgin sesame oil
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
2 tbsp water
- Marinate the chicken pieces with corn starch and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet with 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Add in walnut halves, toss to coat and saute until fragrant. Remove and set aside.
- Add in 4 tbsp of cooking oil, pan-fried the marinated chicken pieces until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Use the remaining oil to saute the chopped garlic and young ginger until fragrant.
- Add in pan-fried chicken pieces and seasonings, stir to combine and simmer until the chicken pieces have absorb most of the sauce.
- Add in green capsicum, stir to combine.
- Add in walnut, toss well.
- Dish out and serve.